Hublet is now providing a more secure and hygienic solution with new coating. By using the Fotonit photocatalytic coating method, the Hublet Tablets and Hublet Smart Docking Station’s screen provides a safer end-user experience, ensuring that surfaces are bacteria and virus free.
What is photocatalytic coating?
The self-disinfecting photocatalytic coating, together with light, destroys viruses, bacteria, mould spores and other volatile organic compounds. The photocatalytic coating provides long-lasting antimicrobial protection for various contact surfaces. The phenomenon of photocatalysis creates the effectiveness of this coating. It is harmless to people, animals and environment.
The photocatalysis can destroy 98% of influenza viruses, in two hours under normal room light.*
We added the coating by spraying the substance to the whole Hublet Tablets and Hublet Smart Docking Station’s screen surfaces. It is used globally in, e.g., schools, airports, gyms, public transportation, hospitals, supermarkets, hotels and restaurants.
This Fotonit photocatalytic coating enables customers to stay safe with Hublet since the surfaces of Hublet Tablets will be free of microbes 24/7. This ensures good surface hygiene to fight against infectious diseases. No more worrying about viruses or bacteria spreading in public areas since Hublet’s self-service solution creates a safer environment to work, while improving customers’ well-being.
How does it work?
- The light activates the Photocatalytic Coating (TiO2).
- The activated coating forms reactive oxygen species (ROS).
- ROS reacts with organic material like microbes and VOC-compounds found on surfaces.
- Microbes and VOCs decompose, while oxygen compounds are neutralized to water and carbon dioxide.
Power of the Photocatalytic Coating Under Normal Room Lighting
The photocatalytic coating works effectively, quickly and reliable in normal room lighting. It reduces more than 98% of Influenza A virus, in 2 hours **. It destroys almost 100% of other bacteria and viruses such as Salmonella typhimurium, E-coli, etc. within 18 hours. To enhance the activation of the coating in the dark, the coating also have an addition of silver, which is itself known as an antimicrobial agent.
** Both influenza A and Coronavirus are envelope viruses, the effect of this coating should be similar for both the viruses. However, due to the risk level, the Coronavirus has only now been studied and the results are not yet public. Investigators: SGS-Group, TNO Group and GDDCM.
Benefits of Fotonit Photocatalytic Solution
- Activates within 24 hours of application.
- Keeping the Hublet Tablet’s surfaces free of microbes and viruses 24/7 whenever the coating is exposed to light, from surfaces such as plastic, metal, wood, textile and glass.
- A safe, invisible, flexible and porous protective coating. Customer will not feel any difference when touching Hublet Tablet’s surfaces.
- Self-cleaning surfaces helps to reduce Hublet Tablets’ cleaning time.
- Improves customer safety when using Hublet with Photocataltyic coating in libraries, hospitals, elderly care centers, etc. since the pathogens do not grow on surfaces and thus reduce viruses or bacteria spreading.
- Dirt-repellent coating facilitates cleaning and eliminates harmful odour.
- Saves on cleaning surfaces – thus saving staff’s valuable working hours.
- A self-service solution which helps reduce illnesses, increases staff productivity and decreases medical costs by ensuring effective surface hygiene to fight infectious diseases: Noro, Flu, Influenza A.
- Coating will last 12 months.
*The Fotonit photocatalytic coating has been proven to work by a study conducted at the Tampere University, Finland.
You have questions regarding this photocatalytic coating?